To continue our conversation about cellular intelligence and mind in nature, please join me on twitter @jonlieffmd where there is a steady stream of new scientific articles and conversation.
You can also listen and watch the following recent podcast and YouTube interviews. The discussions are focused on my book, The Secret Language of Cells, and the implications for consciousness, definition of life, viruses, psychiatry, healing, nature of biology, immunity, health, illness, brain-body and brain-mind, immune-brain, the business of wellness, and much more. These are wide-ranging conversations with many highly-rated podcast interviewers.
August 12, 2021
Highway to Health with Jeremy Quinby
A detailed discussion with Dr. Lieff about The Secret Language of Cells and many health-related topics. Jeremy is an expert cranio-sacral therapist.
There is a long version of this podcast on Dr. Quinby’s website and on YouTube, and two short versions on YouTube, one about Perceptions and Isolation and another about where mind could be in nature. It describes how the perception of isolation appears to have the worst effects on the immune system.
His website version is here.
August 10, 2021
The Clinical Trials Guru, Clinical trials in plain English! with Dan Sfera
Dan Sfera, an expert in clinical research trials, interviews Dr. Lieff about the implications of The Secret Language of Cells for clinical research, general biology, definition of life and consciousness, gut, skin, T cells, psychiatry and more.
“A human body crash course!”
Website version is here.
YouTube version is here.
August 3, 2021
How Not to Think with Dr. Howard Rankin
Dr. Rankin, a clinical psychologist, interviews Dr. Lieff about The Secret Language of Cells. It is a wide-ranging interview covering clinical issues, health-related topics, consciousness, philosophy, and more.
He says, “PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST WHICH WILL CHANGE YOUR VIEWS ABOUT YOUR LIFE AND YOUR SELF, INTELLIGENCE, AND NATURE”
“It will blow your mind-body … astounding!”
Three short versions of the podcast:
- “Did you know that your cells go to Special Forces Training!!” Dr. Jon Lieff talks about the mind-blowing complexity of becoming a T cell. First YouTube interview is here.
- The second interview, here, describes the mind-blowing communication that happens between the trillions of cells in our bodies.
- The third interview, here, has more about cellular communication.
July 4, 2021
Better Thinking with Dr. Nesh Nikolic
In this episode, Dr. Nikolic speaks with Dr. Jon Lieff about how it’s our cells communicating with each other that causes feelings, sickness, thoughts, and diseases in our bodies.
Dr. Nikolic is a Clinical Psychologist trained in a number of therapy models. He is based in Canberra with over 15,000 hours of 1-on-1 therapy experience.
Watch and Listen here.
July 2, 2021
Neuroscience Meets Social and Emotional Learning with Andrea Samadi
Interview with Dr. Lieff about The Secret Language of Cells: What Biological Conversations Tell Us About the Brain-Body Connection, the Future of Medicine and Life Itself.
Wide ranging interview about:
- Lieff’s thoughts on what is the mind vs what is the brain, and a closer look at perception and memory from the cell level.
- Why we get brain fog with depression and chronic stress.
- How acupuncture works and builds our immune system.
- How meditation increases immunity and fights against viruses.
- What we should ALL know about our cells for improved health and wellness.
- Lieff’s thoughts on whether the mind can influence your health.
- The fascinating intelligence within each cell and how a liver cell knows what it’s supposed to do in the body.
Watch on YouTube here.
Watch on her website here.
June 20, 2021
Cultivate Wellness with Brad Swail
Brad Swail is a fitness and wellness enthusiast. The son of a visionary entrepreneur and an innovative educator, Brad grew up in a household that valued teaching, serving others, and spotting opportunities for improvement.
After graduating from The University of Texas, Brad pursued his own entrepreneurial path, starting multiple businesses, including a functional movement and personal training business where he worked with elite athletes, average Joes, and many with pain or disabilities.
Interview with Jon Lieff, MD, author of The Secret Language of Cells, who joins us to discuss how cells communicate, what this means in laymen’s terms, how we can improve our health with this knowledge, and much more!
Listen on Apple podcasts here.
June 1, 2021
Hispanic Marketing and Public Relations with Elena del Valle
A podcast interview with Jon Lieff, MD, author of The Secret Language of Cells, is available in the Podcast Section of Hispanic Marketing and Public Relations, HispanicMPR.com.
He discusses why cell communication is important for our health with Elena del Valle, host of the HispanicMPR.com podcast.
Listen or download here.
May 20, 2021
Finding Genius Podcast with Richard Jacobs
“Is a cell as complex as a major city? Or is it thousands of times more complex?
Tune in to explore the answer, and learn:
- How all of life generates energy
- What cells sense, and how they do it
- Why cancer cells are like super-microbes
- “It’s not that life is defined as a cell; it’s that life is defined as an intelligent cell that can talk with other cells and make decisions about the physiology of our bodies, about health and disease,” says Dr. Lieff.
- The complexity of cells, the source of life, energy, and consciousness, the wired and wireless brain, cellular signaling, and cancer cell communities are just a few of the topics explored in this episode.
Listen on website here.
Listen on Apple Podcasts here.
March 30, 2021
Optimal Performance with Sean McCormick
This detailed and fascinating episode covers:
- The connection between meditation and immunity
- The connection between gut cells and immune cells
- mTOR—and how it keeps track of the nutrients we have and need
- Why we need anti-oxidants
- What we now know about how acupuncture stimulates T cells that activate communication through neurons to various organs
- Practical tips to increase cellular health right away
- Vagus nerve breakdown: what it does, what it regulates and how to stimulate it
- Implications of cellular communication for how we treat disease and how we think about consciousness
- How science confirmed that viruses talk to each other just 3 years ago
- The fascinating story of how plants communicate with each other
Two versions of same interview—first audio, second YouTube
On podcast here.
On YouTube here.
March 1, 2021
The Coffee Health and Science Podcast with Jordan River
How Cells Communicate, Cellular Immunity, and More, with Jon Lieff
Author of The Secret Language of Cells Jon Lieff joins the program to discuss the incredible work behind his new book, cellular immunity and COVID, and much more. Jon talks about the biggest misunderstandings when it comes to bodily processes that involve cellular communication, and how this field is revolutionizing the way we look at several parts of medicine. Jon wraps up the show talking about his thoughts on coffee from a medical perspective.
Apple podcasts listen here.
Podtail listen here.
March 24, 2021
Conscious Talk Radio with Brenda Michaels & Rob Spears
Radio That Makes a Difference
There’s still so much we don’t know about how our bodies work. One thing we do know, there’s a lot of communication going on from one part of our body to another. But there’s a lot more to this than you can imagine. We’ll talk to Dr. Jon Lieff, author of The Secret Language of Cells. His book will open your eyes to a vast amount of communication at the cellular level you probably never imagined.
February 20, 2021
Learning Well Radio with Elise Marquam Jahns
Dr. Jon Lieff, a neuropsychiatrist with a Doctorate in Medicine from Harvard Medical School, is known as an innovator in several medical fields. He pioneered the creation of integrated treatment units that focus on complex patients with combined medical, psychiatric, and neurological problems.
Dr. Lieff has been researching the question of where mind can be found in nature, including the study of intelligence in a wide range of animals, and eventually individual cells, microbes, and viruses. Dr. Lieff’s website, Searching for the Mind, provides reviews of the latest research in neuroscience, molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, cancer, and related fields. Dr. Lieff’s latest book, The Secret Language of Cells, synthesizes his twelve years of intensive analysis of the scientific literature in a manner that makes it clear and understandable for general science readers and scientific experts.
January 20, 2021
Point of Life with Michael Levy
Point of Life Show with Guest, Dr. Jon Lieff, Author The Secret Language of Cells
Jon Lieff, MD, brings to bear 40 years as a nationally recognized neuro-psychiatrist, during which he was president of a national medical subspecialty organization, founded a major scientific journal, and was the medical director for 25 years of a large network of psychiatric care for the elderly. He was a pioneer in several medical fields—geriatric psychiatry, brain injury, computer applications in psychiatry, and the integration of medicine, psychiatry, and neurology.
Starting with an interest in brain cell communication, Dr. Lieff found similar signaling among all cells in nature. Five years ago, he established his acclaimed and popular scientific website, Searching for the Mind, that covers the topic of cellular communication. His posts review and synthesize the latest scientific literature in neuroscience and cell biology.
- Viruses—How they communicate to each other and the impact on our health; how they talk to each other and to cells
- The elegant and magical world of cells—how their communication means everything to the state of our health
- The Brain-Body Connection and the future of medicine
- Gut Health—What is going on there and why does it matter?
- How do cellular conversations factor into our immune systems, weight loss, and depression?
- Implications for Healing
November 20, 2020
To Your Good Health Radio with Dr. David Friedman
Dr. David Friedman offers a cutting edge approach to achieving optimal health by incorporating entertainment, shock value, and solutions to everyday health and wellness issues. Each week he interviews world-renowned doctors, celebrities, sports figures, and New York Times bestselling authors who all share a common goal of helping others get healthy in the sickest developed country in the world … good ole USA.
While science has proven that cells are the building blocks of all living things, it’s actually the communication between cells that brings us to life and determines our health.
In this episode, Dr. Friedman and Dr. Lieff talk about cellular immunity, mind-body connection, and immune-brain connection, as well as chronic stress at a cellular level.